Here however everything felt, tasted and looked as good as the original version even though they had to be tweaked a little bit. As some of my pastries had to be altered because of allergies, I cannot be sure how close they are to the ones usually on offer, but my personal favourites were the Easter Egg and the small banana cake. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I'm a Finnish entrepreneur / luxury travel blogger and always strive to be the best version of myself by constant improvement. Log in. The French doors open to a terrace with beautiful views of Hyde Park, and also a private Royal Entrance the Park that can be used for special occasions! Please note that menus are subject to change. I booked an extempore-vacation to London for me and my wife and chose the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park as our base of operations, because I really wanted to pamper us. Cornish yarg cheese, Accompanied by Devonshire clotted cream, At Mandarin Oriental they even have an in house Tea Master that gave us the opportunity to try some especially unique teas. A carefully curated tea library with over 120 varieties hand-selected from the very best estates around the worldOolongs and Orange Pekoes, brisk Assams and muscatel Darjeelings, smoky Lapsangs and floral Jasmines, Explore our extraordinary selection of teas now up to 75% off. Sort through reviews to find relevant experiences. We also had the chance to poke our heads into The Ballroom. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe West End Review. Truly Experiences is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon programs). This fact makes the quality-price ratio of the experience even better. Uniquely, two high-grown single estate teas from very different regions - Orange Pekoe from Sri Lanka and the Golden Monkey leaf from China combine for a soft, full, gentle yet textured profile. www.theeastindiacompany.com/finefood/summer-clearance/. To complement your choice of selected teas, we serve a range of perfectly matched delicacies created by our experienced team of pastry chefs. At this point Id like to point out that Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park was kind enough to offer the whole Afternoon Tea as complimentary, but as any of my previous readers will know, I always write about my honest opinions. Book the lunch session for afternoon tea and specify 'Afternoon Tea' in the special requests box. But be warned, if you fill up on sandwiches and scones, you might not be able to eat all of the delicious pastries on offer (quilty). This plum sake has a refreshing taste and texture. For those of you who dont know, you can really screw up a cup of tea easily, if you dont know what youre doing. You know the feeling, when you want to order something, so you try your best to get your waiters attention, but sometimes it can take ages? The thing that Abigail and I found most interesting was that Queen Elizabeth II learned how to dance there with her sister when they were teenagers! Indulge on a quintessential British experience by joining us for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner at The Rosebery; one of Londons most fashionable destinations. The Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is situated in the area of Knightsbridge, on the southside of Hyde Park and just a few minutes from the world famous Harrods department store. We believe in being as transparent as possible when it comes to this site. We will also list ads from time to time. The sandwiches were so good I had to order another batch, which was one of the most delicious mistakes Ive made, because I had to take half of the pastries to go as I just couldnt eat another bite at the end. With an abundance of silver tippy leaf, it produces a medium-bodied cup with a slightly darker muscatel flavour. With this in mind, please be aware that we may receive remuneration for some of the products we review on this site. Everything, and I do mean everything, was delicious! The Afternoon Tea -experience at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Parks The Rosebery was one of the best, or maybe even THE best, Ive had so far, so I have no issues recommending it to anyone who values good food, ambience, service and especially afternoon teas. This was myfirst time tasting champagne! We are afternoon tea -aficionados. oriental mandarin spa hyde park london luxuries affordable Looking for more recipes? jerry@escapemundane.com, @2016 - PenciDesign. Founded as a tea room in the 1920s, this elegant and luxurious dining room located in Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is decorated in pastel shades of green with high ceilings and chandeliers, a fireplace and large windows offering natural daylight. After the first glass the prices go up a bit, but I appreciate the fact that the first one is more wallet friendly. All Right Reserved. I recommend this experience for everyone as a special treat especially if you have never had afternoon tea before! Cured Hereford beef You'll receive instant email confirmation of your booking. This blend combines tea selected from the misty hills of Ceylon, the lush estates of Assam and the Kenyan Highlands. There are separate menus for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets, ensuring that the Rosebery is a great choice for a catch up with friends. The food isnt served on the traditional tower. But without further ado, lets get cracking. Languishingly dry with a delicate elegance, Ume No Yado - Aragoshi Umeshu (Plum Wine), Umenoyado brewery, Nara Prefecture. Check out our new site, Afternoon Tea at the Rosebery, Mandarin Oriental. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact us using the "contact" option on the site menu and we will be happy to answer any questions. My wife had the vegetarian version and I had my own specific requests regarding allergies. I want to begin with the service, which was extremely professional, kind and warm. mandarin hyde oriental park london Before I get into the actual foods and drinks that were on offer, I believe its important to mention something. This is not overbearing, though, so we always felt like we had our own private little nook all to ourselves. Discover a quintessential British experience with traditional afternoon tea in The Rosebery Lounge, at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park one of Londons most fashionable destinations. Also the nice touches like the warm oshibori (small towel) that was brought to the table in the beginning, showed they understand how true hospitality works. Copyright 2022 The East India Company Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Caramalised banana parfait. All prices and offers are subject to change by the venue unless stated on your booking confirmation. mandarin hyde oriental park With an extensive selection of the finest teas from around the world including the signature Mandarin Blend, our dedicated Tea Master has created an enticing menu that reflects our rich heritage and commitment to quality. Our mission is to help our visitors, but this is also very clearly a for-profit site and you should realize as much. Finest Cotswold egg and black truffle Dining above the clouds The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Ideal to pair with dessert. Overall this was such an amazing experience. Some places make poor substitutes of the foods that have to be altered, which sucks, because you are still paying the same amount. On KAYAK you can also explore 0 photos and 1,441 unbiased real reviews about The Rosebery. She says she cant remember the last time she had such delicious sandwiches or pastries. A glass of champagne can easily be twice the amount of the prices in Helsinki even though its an expensive city as well. Also one thing that is easy to get wrong even in the best places is the tea. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign, Afternoon Tea at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London. View information about The Rosebery to help decide on what to eat. Copyright 2022 Afternoon Tea Online | Disclaimer | Privacy. Or why not go all-in and get a glass of heavenly Krug for 48 GBP? My wife also especially loved the tea set, which was stylish, beautiful and very fitting to the actual space where the afternoon tea is served. The actual hotel review will come later, but I wanted to start with our Afternoon Tea -experience, because Easter is right around the corner and the theme of the pastries is currently perfect for this time of year. Braised Black leg chicken with green asparagus Also the scones and sandwiches were delectable. I believe the level of customer service in any establishment is pretty much the most important thing, because it can make or break a hotel, restaurant or any business. The Ballroom has beautiful chandeliers, floor-to-ceiling windows, and just like The Loggia a special Royal Entrance into Hyde Park. So you can be sure youre not getting green tea boiled to a 100 C, when you come here. This was my first ever afternoon tea! This plum sake has a refreshing taste and texture. Scottish smoked salmon with nori seaweed We truly felt spoiled! Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Afternoon tea prices start from 63.00 per person. Robust and deep while retaining character; the perfect way to start the day. It's easy to book a table online using our booking widget below. Set against a stylish, contemporary backdrop, Afternoon Tea in The Rosebery at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is a truly memorable occasion. I have to admit that some of the pastries were very photogenic, like the flower pot with little carrots or the delicious egg-shaped pastry, but the taste was never an afterthought. with your afternoon tea, the first glass is cheaper, starting at 16 GBP for a proper Ruinart Blanc de Blancs. For People Who Collect Memories, Not Things. This hand-selected tea captures the nuances of Darjeelings best teas. My wife had the vegetarian menu (the pastries can be seen in the picture above), which was excellent. The Okura Tokyo International Luxury With a Japanese Twist. #theeastindia #theeastindiacompany #discount #tealover #gifts #foreverexploring #promotion #discounts #foodie As part of my internship at Truly, I got the chance to experienceAfternoon Tea at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Parkalong with my supervisor Nikki, and fellow intern Abigail! Aromas of delicate peach and tropical fruits, this extremely velvety sake is as pure and elegant as a Junmai Daiginjo can get, Stiegl Goldbru, Lager, Salzburg, Austria, Mikkeller Peter Pale and Mary Gluten Free, American Style Pale Ale, Denmark, Tynt Meadow, English Trappist Ale, England, matcha, agave, fresh mango, dry coconut flakes, raspberries, fresh mint, Rolled oats, Irish steel-cut oats, Organic Jumbo Oats, Apple-vanilla, Rhubarb, Spiced plum, Pear, Mixed berries, Banana, Pomegranate seeds, Apple, served with seasonal berries and maple syrup, banana, strawberry, mango, raspberry, passion fruit, and coconut water, Mi Lan Xiang (Dan Cong), Guangdong, China, Champagne Afternoon Tea with One Glass of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs, Champagne Afternoon Tea with One Glass of Ruinart Ros, Champagne Afternoon Tea with One Glass of 2007 Billecart Salmon, Mikkeller Peter Pale and Mary Gluten Free, Malty, fig, cocoa; Kenya, Rwanda, India, China; 1 infusion, Light, honey, malty; Yunnan, Anhui, Fujian; China; 1 infusion, Assam Second Flush - Try with Rosebuds - (Canton Tea), Strong, malty, caramel; India; 1 infusion, Darjeeling Second Flush (East India Company), Fruity, nutty; Namring Garden, India; 1 infusion, Smoked leaves over pine wood; Tong Mu Village, Fujian, China; 1 or 3 infusions, Floral, nutty; Taimu, Fujian, China; 1 or 3 infusions, supplement 3.50; Silver cloudy; Laos, China, Floral, mild chesnut; Long Jing, Zhejiang, China; 1 or 2 infusions, Sweet, floral; Fujian, China; 1 or 2 infusions, Sweet, grassy; Anhui, China; 1 or 2 infusions, Black tea, natural bergamot oil; China, India, Italy; 1 infusion, Black tea, mango, marigold petals; Yunnan Province, China; 1 infusion, Black tea, cocoa nibs, vanilla; India, China, Madgascar, Peru; 1 infusion, Darjeeling First Flush (East India Company), Light, sweet, floral; Namring Garden, India; 1 infusion, Decaffeinated English Breakfast (Canton Tea), Oak, malty; Uva District, Sri Lanka; 1 infusion, Sweet, floral; Gaoshan, Taiwan; 1 or 3 infusions, Honey, orchid; Roasted Phoenix tea; Guangdong, China; 1 or 3 infusions, Nutty, creamy; Alishan, Taiwan; 1 or 3 infusions, supplement 5.50; Floral, sweet; Rolled Style Green Oolong; Fujian, China, supplement 5.50; Refresing, bright citrus; Bai Hao, Dark Oolong; Taiwan, supplement 7.50; Mineral, sweet, honey, vegetal; Yan Cha, Wuyi Oolong; Fujian, China, Sheng (Raw); tobacco, bold, earthy; Licang, Yunnan, China; 1 or 3 infusions, Shu (Cooked); woody, vegetal, leather; Yunnan, China; 1 or 3 infusions, Xiaguan T853 Iron Cha Bing 2013 (Canton Tea), supplement 2; Sheng (Raw); smoky, mellow; Lincang, Yunnan, China, supplement 2; Concentrated Matcha, full bodied, sweet, vegetal; Uji, Japan, supplement 2; Matcha made with almond milk, supplement 2; Traditionally made black tea, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper with condensed milk, Sow queen vodka, Galliano and fresh orange juice, Portland Crab, Wasabi Tobiko, Crayfish, Miso, Riesling, Grand Cru Saering 2014 Schlumberger Domaines 75ml, with sandwiches; A classic Alsatian Riesling with distinctive elegance and power, tremendous amounts of freshness and complexity, Gewrztraminer, Grand Cru Kessler 2014 Schlumberger Domaines 75ml, with scones; Bright golden yellow colour with notes of sweet peaches and rose petals, Pinot Gris, Grand Cru Kitterle 2010 Schlumberger Domaines 75ml, with pastries; Golden yellow colour with a charming bouquet of lemon confit, juicy peaches and rich, nutty aromas of cashew and hazelnuts, Mikkeller Peter Pale and Mary, American Style Pale Ale, Denmark, 330ml, with sandwiches; Caramel toasted malts and grapefruit and citrus on the nose with citrus and stone fruit (peaches and apricots), with scones; Roasted caramel and coffee notes in the aroma move into the taste with some dark dried fruits, Tynt Meadow, English Trappist Ale, England, 330ml, with pastries; Clear, bright deep red to dark brown in appearance with a beige head, Concentrated matcha, full bodied, sweet, vegetal Uji, Japan, Traditionally made Assam black tea, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, pepper, condensed milk, Kuwait, Chocolate Vanilla, India, China, Madagascar, Peru, Tomato juice, celery, lemon with condiments, Spinach, mint, spicy potatoes and tahini sauce, Black beer ponzu, heirloom tomato and pickled radish, Royal quinoa, avocado, edamame and sesame, Miso aubergine, smoked celeriac pure, black garlic and butterscotch condiment, Smoked chicken consomm, leek and foie gras, Romaine, croutons, bacon jam and smoked anchovies, Bagnat bread, Comte, smoked pancetta, slow cooked corn-fed chicken, beef tomato and Cotswold egg with French fries, 7 oz minced beef chuck, Romesco sauce, baby gem, confit onion, Abondance cheese, served with French fries, Pain de Gnes, orange crmeux, chocolate sabayon, Coconut parfait, fresh pineapple, pia colada sorbet, Tropical fruit and berries, hibiscus infusion, Oriental sorbet, Accompanied by Devonshire clotted cream,strawberry jam, rose petal jelly and lemon curd, Grenache & Syrah 2016, Chne Bleu, Domaine de la Verrire IGP Vaucluse, France, Contadi Castaldi Brut Franciacorta DOCG (Italy), Akita Shuzo Brewery, Akita Prefecture Languishingly dry with a delicate elegance, Umenoyado brewery, Nara Prefecture, Plum based sake with rich fruity flavour from its blended pulp. We have some dietary restrictions, so it can pose challenges when choosing a place to dine. Ideal to pair with desserts, Sparkling, Takara Brewery, Hyogo prefecture, Gentle fizz with sweet flavours of vanilla and elderflower, Dewazakura Brewery, Yamagata prefecture Delightful, flowery bouquet with a touch of pear and melon, Cloudy, Miwa Brewery, Gifu prefecture, Lightly cloudy sake with a fresh melon flavour and a hint of coconut, dry finish, Junmai Ginjo, Daishichi Brewery, Fukushima prefecture, Elegant pear and honeydew, followed by creamy smooth texture and subtle savory depth to linger, Junmai Daiginjo, Asahi Brewery, Yamaguchi prefecture, Aromas of delicate peach and tropical fruits, this extremely velvety sake is as pure and elegant as a Junmai Daiginjo can get, spring onion, piquillo pepper, green olives with oregano, A full-bodied beer with a gentle bitterness brewed using indigenous ingredients. I feel most alive when travelling, so that is where my money goes. The person who was in charge of us for most of the duration of our afternoon tea (we spent over three hours on it) was Patrick, who made sure our plates were never empty and our cups were always full. See MoreSee Less. A bright, delicate Second Flush picked exclusively from The East India Companys private reserve in Darjeelings Namring Estate. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Your email address will not be published. Spring Mandarin fan Try removing a filter, changing your search, or, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, SW1X 7LA, Afternoon Tea, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Breakfast, spring onion, piquillo pepper, green olives, oregano, wasabi tobiko, crayfish, miso, coriander with yuzu, Accompanied by Devonshire clotted cream, strawberry jam, rose petal jelly and lemon curd, banana, strawberry, mango, raspberry, passion fruit and coconut water, banana, spinach, apple, ginger, mint, parsley, spirulina, chlorella, barley grass, wheatgrass and coconut water, Concentrated matcha, full bodied, sweet, vegetal; Uji, Japan, Traditionally made Assam black tea, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, pepper, condensed milk; Kuwait, Rose, jasmine, osmanthus and chrysanthemum, Goji berry, blueberry, red date and mandarin zest, MI Lan Xiang (Dan Cong), Guangdong, China, Breakfast Blend, Kenya, Rwanda, India, China, Chocolate Vanilla, India, China, Madgascar, Peru, Darjeeling First Flush, Namring Garden, India, Darjeeling Second Flush, Namring Garden, India, Assam Second Flush, Hattiali Garden, India, Lapsang Souchong, Tong Mu Village, Fujian, China, Decaffeinated English Breakfast, Uva District, Sri Lanka, Xiaguan T8653 Iron Cha Bing 2013, Lincang, Yunnan, China, Tomato Juice, Celery, Lemon with Condiments, Gosling rum, lime, ginger beer and Angostura bitters, Bol's Genever, Mancino rosso, orange bitters, Maraschino and orange Curacao, Snow queen vodka, Galliano and fresh orange juice, Corralejo blanco tequila, Cointreau and lime, Rum, fresh lime, mint topped up with Champagne, Cognac, sugar cube, bitters and Champagne, Riesling 2014 Grand Cru Saering, Domaines Schlumberger, Alsace, France, Les Meurgers, Meursault, Chardonnay, 2013, Burgundy, France, Grenache & Syrah 2016, Chne Bleu, Domaine De la Verrire IGP Vaucluse, France, Pinot Noir 2016, Domaine Pagnotta, Burgundy, France, Malbec 2015 Gran Reservado, Fabre Montmayou, Mendoza, Argentina, Nebbiolo 2009 Barolo 'Brunate' Batasiolo, Piedmont, Italy, Cuve Mthode Traditionelle Domaine Signe (France), Contadi Castaldi Brut Fanciacorta DOCG (Italy), Akitabare "Shunsetsu" Honjozo (Spring Snow), Akita Shuzo Brewery, Akita Prefecture. After we finished eating, we enjoyed a short tour of the hotel. This was honestly one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever been in. Weve had them in the paradise island of Okinawa, over the skyscrapers of Tokyo, the five star hotels of Berlin and even in our hometown of Helsinki. If this helped you in any way, Id love to hear it in the comment section! *In collaboration with Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, Where: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London The Rosebery. The Tea Master works with the East India Company, and creates special blends that are only offered in Rosebery Lounge. Also the quality of the scones is of the utmost importance to her, because it is the true measure of any proper afternoon tea. She was excited about the fact that someone took notice of the quality and was very passionate about her profession. We absolutely love them, which is why everytime we can, we want to experience them in any city we travel to. So far its been possible to get as much tea as you want, some places offer all the scones you can eat and some even give you extra sandwiches if asked, but Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park was the first one to say that everything you eat, you can eat as much as you want, in addition to the unlimited tea.
Sap Fieldglass Support Number, Drone Project Ideas For Engineering, Mens Dressing Gown With Hood, Real Estate Agent Ottawa Salary, Outdoor Nema Enclosure With Fan, Indoor Outdoor High Back Chair Cushion Cover, College Football Attendance Records, Rayon Fabric Maxi Dress, Stephen Jackson Spotrac, 1948 Fleetline For Sale In Texas, Liberty Warehouse Floor Plan, Hades Codm Attachment, Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Menu,