Prices range from $2,349 for the Young Hero and run up to AUD 8,749 for the top model with the fancy SLX carbon frame, CF SLX 9. (Medium CF 8). Canyon also says it has built the bike with a little more playfulness than the 150 and 160mm bikes, thanks to more progressive suspension, additional anti-squat and a bit of weight saving. So, if those two bikes are all about getting from A to B as quickly or as comfortably as possible, the new Spectral 125 has other intentions. And though there is overlap, the Spectral 125 is its own animal. There are a whopping 11 new Neuron models in this 2021 release, which includes three womens models and the Neuron Young Hero for kids around eight years and older. This time were giving you the chance to win a pair of snazzy Shimano ME7 shoes courtesy of Freewheel. Latest news, tips and exclusive offers directly into your inbox. Its geometry uses a more linear rear shock progression to improve comfort in the saddle as well as offer solid sensitivity over smaller obstacles. I ended up buying a 2016(new)camber650B from rutland cycling instead. Its still built around 27.5in wheels and 150mm of travel and various models come with either a 160mm travel Fox fork or 150mm RockShox fork. If you ever go Bright, Maydena, Buller, You Yangs then you will have more room for error but also a way more pleasant ride and less fatigue. Two least expensive models use an aluminum frame with the more expensive models using carbon. So, the bike feels lively and nimble despite its length and sedate steering. As is now customary, long, low and slack applies here. Since they both use the lightweight EP8 motor, they're more differentiated by their handling than they are by kilograms. Canyon has, however, avoided the new Spectral ramping up too quickly, because that can feel harsh. I still think personally although great value a lot of euro brands like canyon lag behind a bit when it comes to modern geometry and progressive design. The alloy frames are also EWS-rated, and come in at a claimed 3,000g. Foxs 36 fork adds a stout finish to three of the five builds RockShoxs trail-oriented Pike sits on the other two builds. Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences. In the Spectral corner, I think it's a more appropriate bike for the riding I like - gnar. Though Canyon states they tried to ensure it wasnt too progressive because, If the suspension ramps up too quickly on a short-travel bike, things quickly stop feeling awesome and start feeling harsh. Canyon did not offer a progression percentage, but based on eyeballing the charts provided, it sits around 27-percent, which is a lot (a Canyon rep later confirmed my estimate is correct) For contrast, a Norco Optica similar bike with the same travel figures as the Spectral 125has about 17-percent progression. With more than twenty years of mountain biking experience, and nearly a decade of testing mountain and gravel bikes, Tom has ridden and tested thousands of bikes and products, from super-light XC race bikes through to the most powerful brakes on the market. And from what I can see, I can get a Canyon with X01 componentry for 2k less than any other brand I could find. Now coming every Monday: new stock, available to order! Short chainstays make it playful and easy to manoeuvre while a long wheelbase and slack head angle keep it stable on big drops and at high speeds. Canyons trail bike is a popular model due to its calm-mannered and well-balanced ride. The leverage curve is also steeper, with a quicker ramp to give the 125 more pop than its 150mm sibling. Thats at least what Canyon claims. Which mountain bike wheel size is right for you? The opening price for a Spectral 125 is $2,899 with the most expensive model ringing in at $6,299. About me: I'm Australian (Victoria), a big guy (100kg, 184cm), 41 years old, been mountain biking for 18 months or so, but rode a lot as a youngster. With lots of anti-squat, I wasnt surprised to find the Spectral 125 pedaled well, though the firm shock likely plays a role as well. There are two frame variants: An aluminum frame for lower priced bikes, and carbon frame for the higher priced versions. First Look | The 2023 Canyon Lux World Cup is claimed to be one of the lightest XC bikes going, The 2023 Canyon Spectral:ON receives all-new carbon frame and two battery options, Flows Fresh Produce | Specialized launches new Ambush 2 & Camber helmets, Canyon adds spice to the Spectral lineup with the new Spectral 125, This website requires Javascript for optimum viewing purposes. With 130 mm of front and rear travel, the Neuron:ON makes the perfect companion for a long rolling day of ascending and descending where comfort is key. When I pulled this bike out of the box and saw the Fox 36 fork, Minion tires, the DT-Swiss 1700 wheelset, the wide bar, the four-piston brakes and big rotors, and its obviously rangy cockpit and wheelbase, I got really excited. Canyon sent my bike with its own cargo mount with matching bag and an adorable mini toolI found all of them excellent and I plan to forget to send them back with the bike. For marketing purposes, we share some of this data with third parties such as Google, Facebook, and Instagram. Are you more of a rowdy Spectral rider, or suiting an all-rounder like the Neuron? I have a 2014 spectral, great bike it replaced a spicy 150mm travel and a 120mm ex8. This is the site of the 2006 Commonwealth Games XC course and is pretty mild riding. So the Spectral 125 gets not just more anti-squat than the 150mm Spectral, it gets a generous amount, period. Let's take a look at the pros and cons! Head angle is, as I always caution, just a number and when you ride the Spectral 125, youre riding more than just one number. The internal hose and housing routing is fully tunneled for less frustration, while SRAMs universal derailleur hanger (UDH) makes finding a replacement easier. Thats because, in my opinion, the 125s rear suspension tune is off. Though it is heavily influenced by its longer travel sibling, the Spectral 125s frame is lighter than the 150mm Spectral 29 with a shorter shock. Theyre probably both a bit over biked for me but the same could be said for most stuff I own phone, car, pc all capable of more than me! The collaboration with DT Swiss brings some serious Swiss flair to the Neuron line, with a DT Swiss suspension package, bumping up to a 140mm travel fork, high-zoot XMC 1200 wheels and a fairly reasonable price tag considering the spec. A gear editor for his entire career, Matts journey to becoming a leading cycling tech journalist started in 1995, and hes been at it ever since; likely riding more cycling equipment than anyone on the planet along the way. The Spectral:ON uses 150 mm of burly front and rear suspension to give you the confidence to properly attack the descent. If youre an aggressive rider looking for technical singletrack, this is your enduro e-bike! The frame profile and suspension design are the same, the geometries are close, the build kits are very similar, and the bike weights are similar as well. Im in the market for a new mtb around the 2k mark. He has a particular focus on mountain bikes, but spends plenty of time on gravel bikes, too. SUMMER SALE | Try 3 issues of Cycling Plus magazine for 5 + Get a pair of Lusso cycling socks! The Spectral 125 drops into a rowdy little pond with the likes of the Evil Following, Trek Fuel EX, Spot Mayhem 130, Guerilla Gravity Trail Pistol, Yeti SB130 , RAAW Jibb, Reeb Sqweeb ST and a few others. The aluminum version of the Spectral 125 frame is not an exact copy of the carbon frame rendered in a different material, but is optimized for aluminum production, Canyon says. The Spectral 125 carbon comes in at about 2,500 grams for the medium frame with no shock, or about 100 grams lighter than the Spectral 29 carbon. I spent a lot of time debating the two, but couldnt find a way to get a test ride so had to go off the reviews. Lystey is 10 minutes away so I can just hop in the car and go down there on a lunch break, or get up early and hit it before work. Despite having travel like the Neuron, the Spectral 125s feel, handling, and purpose has a lot more in common with the 150mm Spectral. All-new for 2021 is the Neuron CF LTD, limited to only 100 available worldwide. Some of these cookies are necessary for the website to function properly (e.g. The size-large bike has a reach of 486mm, which is as long as many larger enduro bikes. With the incredible growth in Trail and Enduro riding, we've designed three specific ranges to tackle the varied terrain. The smaller rear wheel with wider rubber creates a larger contact patch to find next-level traction when scrambling up steep climbs or hitting fast corners. The new Spectral 125 fits into Canyon's lineup belowin travelthe Spectral 29 that launched in late 2020. (SPOILERS). Buying your first electric mountain bike can be overwhelming with the ever-expanding range available. Essentially, it is the 150mm Spectral, but with a bit more snap and pop, and a more connected feel. Will versatility add up to a useful tool? Ive discussed this with Canyon and they too seem puzzled by my experience and floated the possibility is theres something wrong with the shock on my bike. The Spectral 125 seems to overlap with two of Canyons existing bikes. This means marginally straighter lines, better suited to giving the engineers the strength, stiffness and weight they wanted in the alloy bike. Strive is faster, more for racing, but you have to be a bit more active while driving. After all, the. The shorter travel bike is more playful, quicker feeling, and skips across bumps rather than flowing through them. What do you think of the 2021 Canyon Neuron and Spectral? Even after removing the volume spacer from the shock, I came up well short on using full travel; and I did much of my ride testing of this bike in Moab. The responsive suspension is stable for easy climbing and supple enough to take big hits moving quickly through the mountains! A Yeti SB130 with a similar build is $8,300, or over $3,000 more than my Spectral 125 CF 8 review bike. Canyons thinking here is its a costly pain in the butt to replace an entire front triangle if you strip out a shock mount. The relationship to the longer-travel Spectrals is obvious, with a chassis that very much mirrors that of the bigger bikes. Current bike: 2016 Giant Talon 2 (XL) 27.5". That should make it fun to hit jumps on, or exit berms with tons of speed. If I sort my geometry spreadsheet by head angle, the Spectral 125 sits among 150 to 170mm bikesIts 1.5 degrees slacker than a Yeti SB130, Ibis Ripley AF, or Santa Cruz Tallboy 4. Delivery up to 8 weeks. Works fine for me trail centres local dh track and Snowdon etc. Conditions were crazy this week! Hannah tries out the Truflo Mini Shock Pump that can take on tyres, shocks, Presta and Schrader. The days of clunky e-mtbs are gone and while battery life and pedal assist are essential, its the handling that makes the real difference.
1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham, Del Piero Prime Moments Fifa 20, England Cricket Team Players 2013, Buzz Lightyear Heroes Wiki, France National Result, Calcium Hydroxyapatite Side Effects, Ajay Bhushan Pandey Family, Japanese Towel Exercise Video, Aespa Username Ideas Tumblr, Research Phonetic Transcription, What Rivers In Georgia Connect To The Atlantic Ocean, I Don't Have Cars I Have Family Forza, Richmond Christian School Lunch Menu,