Each mat was cut to see the inner material inside the mat. The VARIDESK Active Mat is constructed from high-quality polyurethane material, but is the only mat in the category not to include a integral skin. The Jarvis Standing Desk, 13 Best Standing Desk Chairs And Stools For 2022, Wire Management Explained for the VertDesk v3 and More, WobbleMeter: Stability Testing For IKEA Idasen Standing Desk. One of the most comfortable topo mats with shoes The core of the GelPro New Life Advantage is made from high-quality polyurethane. No matter if you wear shoes or go barefoot, the VARIDESK mat was way too firm. Inner core is made from high quality polyurethane, Has a two layer construction with vinyl covering The mat also had issues with bottoming out when I was bare foot, especially when putting a lot of weight towards your heel. Considering it comes with a short two year warranty and higher than average price tag, the New Life Advantage is the worst value in the flat mat category. No warranty information available from manufacturer During scratch testing we found the the polyurethane material easily chips and broke apart without a layer of protection. Because flat mats are flat they really only serve one purpose and that is to stand in place. When he is not at the office helping customers he enjoys golfing, skiing, snowmobiling and spending time with his family. Reports of peeling from top layer. There werent any slipping issues on low-pile cart or hard surfaces. The topo mats tend to offer much less flat space for standing. Topo MiniPrice: Starting at $69.00 (Buy on Amazon), Small flat space for standing There is a lot more to standing desk mats than one likely considers. Inner core is made from high quality polyurethane At only .624 thick, the VARIDESK mat is the thinnest mat we have tested. They have recently updated their warranty, now offering a full lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. Good value, Better for kitchen applications than standing desks Regardless, if you wear shoes or go barefoot, this mat is like standing on a hard surface. Lifetime warranty, Can be too firm with shoes There isnt a lot not to like about the ErgoDriven Topo mat and that is likely why it is highly ranked on Amazon. Your email address will not be published. Includes lifetime warranty that replaces or refunds customer Most firm non-flat mat that we have tested They tend to offer a little better cushioning than most dress shoes. Back not tall enough for calf rises Sky MatPrice: Starting at $34.99 (Buy on Amazon), Includes lifetime warranty that replaces defective mat Over time the smell will subside and eventually most will no longer notice the smell. There are two aspects with comfort that I looked at. The overall shape of the ErgoGo mat was similar to the more expensive ErgoDriven mat. Best flat standing desk mats 2022 To top it off, the Terramat lite comes with one of the shortest warranties in the category. ActiveMatPrice: Starting at $115.00 (Buy on Amazon), Tall front and side elevation changes When you removed your shoes most of the firm mats became more comfortable. I found that this mat was best used without shoes. That is a good idea. This mat featured the tallest front and side elevation changes in the category. With over 20 mats in my office, the smell was overwhelming at first. While the warranty is better on the Topo, I would have to problem recommending the TerraMat over ErgoDrivens most popular product. Because the ErgoGo mat was the softest mat we tested, I personally had issues with bottoming out with the mat. edges beveled mat active varidesk rocker standing Softest mat we tested for users who want extra cush standing desk fatigue anti floor mat varidesk comfort slip non mats adjustable height kitchens riser workstation converter sit monitor fits Considering this mat features a short warranty and high price tag, I would be concerned with how well it holds up over time. Strong integral skin that prevents peeling It was also the most firmst option, so the topo features will not collapse when you stand on them. With a smaller flat space for standing, tall users will have a hard time spreading out on the mat. This mat is best fit for lightweight users that are shorter than 55. Seven year warranty period, Barefoot you tend to bottom out with heel Constructed from high-quality polyurethane, with a layer of vinyl added for durability, the Designer Comfort had a good amount of bounce. Strong integral skin that prevents peeling The LiClound standing desk mat was the first non-flat mat that I tested to include two massage balls. The OFM mat does offer a good amount of elevation changes; with plenty of front, side and back standing options. While other alternatives offered lifetime warranties, Imprint is the only company that has the clout and history to back their guarantee. Full list with review summaries and pros/consfor each mat You will find that we provide the positives and negatives on all of the products so that you know what to expect with each mat. Tends to be hard with shoes and bare feet. The mat bottomed out, but was still soft on the top so it had a squishing sensation that felt like it should be soft. Firm topo features that dont collapse when you stand on them If there was anything suspicious I deducted points. These are more commonly referred to as anti-fatigue mats. Each shoe offers different levels of support and so these results can vary significantly. For those that are looking for a mat that really has a lot of cush, the KANGAROO is your ticket. While this was nice with shoes, it can be a bit uncomfortable barefoot. While they wont impact you if you are wearing shoes, those that decide to go barefoot could find them to be uncomfortable. Softest mat in the category Your email address will not be published. fatigue This allowed your heels to dig into the mat and led to my feet bottoming out. Strong integral skin that prevents peeling Best value of non-flat mats we tested The ErgoGo standing desk mat by AmComfy is the softest mat in the category. To be honest, the only reason I would recommend it is for those that are on a tight budget. Low quality PVC foam breaks down quicker than polyurethane. The Ergohead is currently only offered for sale on Amazon and the warranty is currently unknown. Adding a standing desk mat to your new or existing setup can help create a more comfortable working environment. Finally, the last aspect looked at the overall firmness rating which is important in taking full advantage of the terrain features. High-quality polyurethane construction The LiCloud also rated as the third most slippery mat, with the OFM mat and Butterfly mat just a little more slippery overall. Measured to only be .661 thich, this is the second thinnest mat we have tested. There are a plenty of different standing options on the mat and it works well in all directions. Offers good front and side standing options Short warranty period With the smallest flat space of any of the non-flat mats, the Terramat Lite doesnt offer a ton of options for people looking to replace their flat standing desk mat. 12 Reasons to Avoid Standing Desks Under $400. With reports of peeling of the top layer of vinyl, you will want to make sure you register for that lifetime warranty. This type of material breaks down quicker than high quality polyurethane and wont offer as much bounce in the mat. I carelessly put one foot on the mat and went for a ride. Offers good comfort with shoes and barefoot The Skyflat standing desk mat by Sky Solutions was a bit of a surprise for me. The mat was the second softest non-flat mat that I tested and the most comfortable with shoes. They are designed to offer a soft, yet supportive standing surface for extended periods of standing. Because the mat was undersized, it was is difficult to avoid all of these massage points. Designer ComfortPrice: Starting at $75.99 (Buy on BTOD), Softest mat we tested that didnt bottom out After getting a chance to use the mat for a few days I found that I really liked them while barefoot. One of the most expensive options available. Truth be told, you likely wouldnt have 20 mats in your office and it shouldnt be as bad. VARIDESK MatPrice: Starting at $60.00 (Buy on Amazon), Made from high quality polyurethane High-quality polyurethane construction, No integral skin for added durability Reports of peeling from top layer Top layer of vinyl holds up well to scratch tests Easily the most comfortable mat to stand on, its great with shoes and barefoot. With the rise of standing desks came the need to create a more comfortable standing option. vari 34x20 Without an integral skin or vinyl layer over the top, the VARIDESK mat is susceptible to damage from everyday abuse. Offers good elevation changes for front, side and back standing options Provides good bounce even with vinyl covering Unfortunately, anyone over 140 lbs. While I enjoyed the feel of the CumulousPRO, some may find that the mat is a bit to firm for their preference. fatigue fezibo ergonomic By the time you reach the final year of the warranty, you can expect to only get back 20% of the Eco Pros value. This might not be an option for some users in public offices. This is the ideal construction to offer good support and a high level of durability. Without the proper bounce, I found that during testing it created fatigue and was hard to consistently use. Even with the shortcomings, the Sky Mat was still a great value in the flat mat category. Why were different. Promoting movement with the use of various shapes and elevation changes, topo standing desk mats have made standing more fun. Selling for 20% less than the more popular brands, the Ergohead standing desk mat does a lot of the same things the more well-known products do. How did we pick the best standing desk mats for 2022? Doesnt bottom out in shoes or barefoot Made with a three layer construction The Breakroom Blog is different from most review sites because we order the products we review and feature on our lists. Who is BTOD.com and The Breakroom Blog? The better quality mats tended to have more bounce in them. There have been products that I thought would be really great based on their specs but ended up being subpar. My biggest concern is how it will hold up to rocks in your shoes. While the OFM Topo has a lot going for it, the lifetime warranty that OFM has given it provided a massive boost in the rankings. The lowest quality mats didnt offer much support and would easily bottom out. It was as close to standing on a hard surface as you will find from a non-flat standing desk mat. The flat mats on the other hand started out softer and without shoes some became too soft. Seven year warranty period, Can be too firm with shoes and bare feet For me personally, I found that it was a little too firm with shoes and barefoot. Comfortable with shoes on, Heavy users will bottom out with shoes and barefoot Thinking about safety with an anti-fatigue might seem a little odd. One of the biggest concerns I have with the OFM Topo mat is safety; it was hands down the most slippery mat to use. Has a two layer construction with vinyl covering The first test was to put one foot on the mat and see how much weight was required for it to stop sliding. The first aspect of the mats that I scored was its overall quality. The back of the mat offered very little elevation change and this will limited the overall standing options. I would be surprised if the warranty wasnt at least two years, based on others in the category. Please call our sales department for the most accurate pricing. Front massage bar can be uncomfortable barefoot The mat is also manufacturer in the USA at the GelPro factory in Texas. The second most noticeable feature about the Butterfly mat was the significant amount of massage points. While a few of the high-end brands offered solid warranties, the two products that ranked highest had the worst warranties in the category. The mat provided a good amount of support with shoes on and I didnt find myself bottoming out. Provides good amount of bounce Firm topo features that dont collapse when you stand on them Great value, Can be too firm for some users Many of the mats that were too firm with shoes ended up being very comfortable without. If you are a lighter user this may not be an issue. Strong integral skin that prevents peeling, Heavy users will bottom out with shoes and barefoot No elevation change on back of mat Weve gone through the entire buying and testing process for you. The fact that they havent responded is a bit concerning. ErgoHeadMatPrice: Starting at $79.99 (Buy on Amazon), High-quality polyurethane construction Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a08cb6a1914f4bcf527964fbf2d8b75f" );document.getElementById("c08a1a06c7").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Greg Knighton is the President of BTOD.com with over 15 years experience in the office furniture industry. Standing desk mats have softened the hard surface found in most offices, creating much more comfortable standing positions for users. Within the last few years, as the standing desk market has matured, products used with standing desks have evolved as well. Through the injection molding process, the mat is heated on the outside surfaces to create a thick and flexible integral skin. I am very happy with it! You need to be able to touch it, test it and experience it for extended periods before you can make a reliable review for it. Imprint CumulousPRO was hands down our best value in the flat mat list. The firmness rating on the Topo Mini was identical to the full size Topo and wasnt comfortable in shoes or barefoot. Having now spent over 100 hours standing on these mats, through the good and bad products, I definitely gained a new appreciation for them. One of the most interesting parts of this process was understanding the warranties in the category. will have issues with bottoming out in shoes or barefoot. How much does an office chair cost in 2022? Firm topo features that dont collapse when you stand on them This post will introduce you to each type of mat, what I learned about each and their corresponding ranking based on criteria that Ive found to be most important to these types of products. I am not sure what the warranty period is so I scored it with the one year rating. standing varidesk mat desk fatigue anti floor comfort groove I work without shoes and followed your recommendation for the TerraMat by CubeFit. If you get a longer flat standing desk mat dont forget that it will need to find a home when not in use. One additional note on the Varidesk Active Mat: I recently purchased one (before reading your article) and would add that because of the size of the mat I found the raised sides protrude beyond the area under my desk and are a tripping hazard. The Best Standing Desk Converter For 2022, The 5 Best Varidesk Alternatives And Competitors. Without getting an opportunity to try the VARIDESK comfort mat, I would have never known how uncomfortable it was. Similar to the ErgoDriven Topo, the ErgoGo had plenty of standing options. In case it doesnt, the seven year warranty from ErgoDriven will provide a free replacement. Inner core is made from high quality polyurethane, Can be too firm for some users lifewire isaacs Made with low quality PVC foam and constructed with a three layer design, the Royal Mat is likely to have durability problems. This is the first mat in the list to offer good comfort in shoes and barefoot. Very comfortable without shoes Star massage can be uncomfortable for some. Good all-around for front, side and back standing options, Unknown warranty period RoyalMatPrice: Starting at $29.99 (Buy on Amazon), Cheapest standing desk mat we tested I have reached out to Butterfly Mats to find out what their warranty is. Reports of peeling from top layer Wont slide around the floor easily, Better for kitchen applications than standing desks Best non-flat/topo standing desk mats 2022. Provides a lot of different standing options Some of the companies that offered long warranties had bad feedback, with customers stating the companies did not get back to them for warranty support. With a high-quality polyurethane construction, the mat had a good foundation. During my testing I found that the OFM mat was especially comfortable without shoes. Strong integral skin that prevents peeling Wont bottom out in shoes or barefoot Worst value in the category. The third ranked mat in the non-flat standing desk mat category is the Topo from ErgoDriven.
North Face Stormbreak 3 Setup, Will The Saw Bundle Come Back, Renewable Energy Grants 2021, Foreclosed Homes Batesville, Ms, Sesame Street Cake Buttercream,