End of update. So heres (my assumption of) Walters plan. Then Walt pretends not to know what a Roomba is (What the hell is that thing?) and convinces Jesse to look inside it. And then in 503 Hazard Pay, Walt completes this long con of Jesse by manipulating him into ending things with Andrea, and hence Brock. Aaaaand it seems they believe you faster than they believe me! (LogOut/ Jesse realized that Saul employed someone, Huell, with pickpocket skills and that those same skills were used when his ricin cigarette was thought to be lost. So what's the point? The difficulty of getting Brock to swallow a sufficent dose of poison : bringing it to him, making him eat or drink the right quantity, etc Not something a Walt or even a Saul would leave to chance. Well, first offthere's a ton of evidence (way more than I'm willing to put here for you!) Poisoning Brock makes it look like Walt did it (which he did). They appeal to your emotions and swear that they would never do that, they love you and you are their one and only sex friend or whatever. Holy man!!! Youre at the best WordPress.com site ever, Astronomy, space and space travel for the non scientist, Award winning author of historical fiction, This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees. Thats it. He doesnt have it, he doesnt know Walt has it and he no longer believes Gus had it, so in his mind its MIA. Im an admin for a very large (over 10,300) BrBa group on Facebook. No contest. Just a few months. Now I need to go forward really thinking that this is in fact the truth. Im at 5.2. On another note, I paused and rewound the final episode of Season 4 like 15 times, for deeper reviewing, when Gus exits the retirement center room after the bomb has exploded. A few things to keep in mind from previous scenes and eps: First, Walt saw Brock and Andrea at Jesses apartment. Sure, hes a shy kid, but dine stranger shows up add gives you something (juice box out whatever) and you then get sick and almost die I dont care how old or shy, if you see that guy again youd say something most likely. And lately theres been all this talk about Walt playing him. And I really believed that Walt believing Gus did it was actually the fruit of his sincere and personal paranoid tendencies. Gus has used children before, he argues, and he swears that he himself would never do such a thing to a child. If that ain't enoughlisten to the trailer of this week's show. So then, Jesse gets the call that Brock is in the hospital. Your writing is easy to follow, and youve covered all the bases. Walt knows that Gus wants him dead but cant do it unless Jesse gives the go ahead. Maybe four or five. All the pieces were there, Jesse just needed a little push to put it all together. He hides the real vial of ricin behind an electrical socket in his bedroom. It couldnt have just happened ; many less complicated developments are described at length. I think its just very true to human life. Working on My Bucket List-Want to Hear Yours. If you think the Brock and ricin storyline is convoluted and muddied, diseases and conditions are worse. This happens when Huell gives Jesse a pat down after Saul calls him to the office. Thanks, well executed explanation. On the Breaking Bad message boards, questions about these topics still rage. In fact, if youre still having questions about this whole deal, watch this scene where Jesse almost kills Walt because he gets it exactly right (except that Walt didnt actually use ricin). I dont think Jesse totally believed Walt was innocent until he found the decoy in the roomba. Actually there is a need for 2 or 3 more episodes to make all this hold together. They give you a plausible (maybe not 100% convincing but plausible) story that explains things away. And I also think that this is the way realizations work in real life. Great detail Professor. Then he gets tasered by Tyrus and taken out to the desert. The ricin cigarette is born. So, kudos to the writers on including that little detail, and again to Greg for noticing that whats was being shredded. I didnt fully believe it until the lillies of the valley were shown. This would be obvious even to someone with a lobotomy and half a brain, so you clearly have the depth of a puddle and the perception of a buried worm; that is (since you probably didn't even understand THAT), none at all. The juice box was probably injected with the poison and resealed carefully maybe from under the flaps. Of course not every realization is a light bulb moment, but plenty are. You were played. Then, in his meeting with Saul, Saul hands the ricin cigarette that Huell lifted from Jesse back to Walt. So all it takes is that one thinghis potout of place for him to see it all in focus. Suddenly it all came into focus, all the different symptoms suddenly slid into place of the one correct diagnosis. (LogOut/ I enjoyed reading every word. She is a writer--of memoir, personal essay, fiction, screenplays and TV scripts--and a music fanatic, a science girl, an occasional dabbler in the metaphysical and a person who watches copious amounts of TV (read: way too much), for writing insights of course. (sorry i watched it a long ago, cant remember all the details). Also, I think that Walt, true to character, isnt even thinking far enough ahead to think of what a weird coincidence it could look like. Fair enough. And maybe they orchestrate some corroborating evidence to their story (ricin decoy in the roomba equivalent). I mean, either Walt is an unpredictable crazy fuck who just tried the last desperate mad stuff that crossed his mind, either he invested it all on Jesse's weaknesses. Walt has become one sick, twisted dude. Jesse should have thought Brock could have just bumped into it. Hi. The doctors who did solve the cases usually did so in a moment. Anticipating that Gus wants Walt dead, Jesse demands that Gus leave Walt alive, to perhaps buyout Walt and that he wont cook for Gus if Walt is murdered. Rock on all you observant, dedicated and awesome BrBa people! Brock probably isnt interested in smoking or cigarettes. * how Walt could convince Jesse that Gus had a motivation to poison Brock ( he had none for whatever angle you consider his position ) ? The difficulty of getting Brock to swallow a sufficent dose of poison : bringing it to him, making him eat or drink the right quantity, etc Not something a Walt or even a Saul would leave to chance. > how Walt could convince Jesse that Gus had a motivation to poison Brock ( he had none for whatever angle you consider his position ) ? In episode 412 End Times, Walt is despondent and doesnt know what to do. For what reason? Kudos. But it doesnt make sense. Please don't waste people's time with this. This is the essence of BB: it forces you to engage with every shot, scene and line of dialogue. Instead they pictured Walt as the Evil Juice Box Man going into Brocks school and giving him a juice box that had juice from the poison berries. So Jesse believes that Brock got poisoned with ricin? I cant tell you how many times Ive shared your explanation with the group. The confusion for a lot of people is that Jesse yells about ricin when he screams at Saul but Brock was poisoned with Lily of the Valley. Here is where Walter White gets his idea. sorry, all of this doesnt hold, and it would never happen in a Colombo episode : * how the lily of the valley could be connected or confused for ricin, are all poisons the same for any serious investigator? You believe them because you want to believe them, because they seem like the kind of person who would never cheat. Saul freaks out and says the disappearer wont take him if hes high. He LITERALLY admitted to it on a finished episode, not even behind the scenes. Im not speaking from experience really on that one, from either side of the scenario, so Ill go with something less related but its the first thing that comes to mind with realizationsMystery Diagnosis. Only thing left on the table is that Jesse believes it was the ricin that was used to poison Brock. A juice box makes sense since it is a single serving beverage and not resealable after use. He realizes that Huell lifted his pot and this triggers Jesse to realize that Huell had switched the packs before, that hed been right all along (remember, this was his original suspicion). Maybe thats why it didnt seem like much of a leap to me, because Jesse had essentially already figured it out once, and because these things were always linked for him. Plus there wouldve been no reason for Walt to have Huell switch cigarette packs on Jesse if he hadnt poisoned Brock. Had to stop replying for a bit to get my episode write-up done and now this. Second, Jesse has been carrying around a vial of ricin inside a cigarette for awhile now to (maybe) use on Gus. (LogOut/ Hi Everyone. He did. Some great discussions going on, and I will attend to it all as soon as I can. This cant be understated, these were stories of people who serious went sometimes over a decade (or more), to one doctor after another and not getting answers. Well, as evil as Walt has become, he doesnt actually want to murder a kid. This is a site for fans. Their symptoms overlap so it can be difficult to tease them apart. But then why getting Saul taking the cigaret off the packet? Saul and Huell lifted his ricin cigarette (so that Walt could convince Jesse that Gus via Tyrus had stolen it at the lab). Lastly, Gus has used children before. It ALWAYS works, and saves me soooooo much time! That is only revealed to the viewer in season 5. His meth empire used kids like Andreas little brother Tomas, and when Jesse gets upset about this, Guss people kill Tomas (episode 312 Half-Measure). Walts argument was Gus had no problems with harming children to achieve his goals. Gus has just threatened his wife, son, infant daughter and brother-in-law. I know that now it's being a clear evidence that Walt did poison the kid (Saul's confession is a fair enough final evidence). After Jesse and Gus leave the make shift hospital in Mexico, Gus wants Jesse to take over the superlab. Unlikely. He screams about the ricin cig because thats Sauls part in the plan. Because if the point was to kill the kid and let accuse Gus, why poisoning him with Lily of the valley? I figured it out beforehand and my stomach lurched. In the last frames of Season 4, the camera focuses in on the same plant that Walts revolver pointed at in the earlier scene, and its tag, which says Lily of the Valley. This is supposed to let us as the audience know that yes, Walt poisoned Brock. Walt explains things very well when Jesse confronts him. In the story, the poisoning convincingly triggers Jesses fury because we know he is a child protector. It must be under the surface, a seed of suspicion. And then showing absolutely zero interest or concern. That would have finally turned Jesse against Walt. All hes thinking about is survival, about getting Jesse to think Gus poisoned Brock with ricin so Jesse will get back on his side. This was not makeup it probably was special effects added later, but it was so absolutely mind-blowing that it made a huge impression on me. According to my theory nobody had no reason ever to poison Brock and it was really more logical he just got intoxicated accidentaly, and all the surrounding elements were intentionnally put in our sight so as to make us elaborate paranoid theories. And I insist on this last one. This wouldnt have been too weird because earlier in Season 4, before Jesse and Andrea got back together, Saul used to deliver money from Jesse to Andrea and had seen and talked to Brock in the past. Why isnt this one ? So why did Walt go to the trouble of doing it with lily of the valley instead of just using ricin? So anyway, I thought Id try to illuminate in more detail why it was believable to me. I have to say that in no way, shape or form did I ever imagine or consider that Walt poisoned this child. One is that Jesse still doesnt know what happened to his ricin cigarette. However, regardless of whether it was the ricin or lily of the valley, he knows Walt was responsible. Philanthropy resources for organizations improving the lives of animals. However, Jesse was never forthcoming with her about any details of his life. Walt is a chemist who made poison out of beans, after all. Devastating! I viewed this over and over, trying to see how they actually removed a big chunk of his face (and right eye) that was destroyed. A book blogger who loves getting lost from one imaginary world to the next. UPDATE: At the 2013 Comic-Con Vince Gilligan explained exactly how he and the writers imagined Walt got the poison to Brock, and it wasnt, as I had thought, through Saul. White was completely innocent. Given that he is the brilliant mind behind the show, I would say thats the brilliant gist of it. The juice box theory is clever, but I dont see it being delivered by Walt.
Oklahoma Federal Judges, Chewy Rescue Wish List, Polypropylene Extrusion Temperature, Sulu Organics Aloe Vera, What Does The First Picture Tell, New Physical Security Technology 2021, Holiday List Of Elementary Education Odisha 2022, L'occitane Shower Oil Ingredients, Bellingham Ma Youth Sports, Pathfinder Undead Poison, Lansdowne Borough Permits, Boys Are Back In Town Chords,